Jefferson Elementary was established in 1953. It was originally named North Side Elementary. The original Jefferson building was partially funded by a $175,000 federal grant when it was built. The original building had 12 classrooms and auxiliary rooms. It housed grades 1 though 6.
More rooms were added through the years as the town grew. In 1975, Jefferson became a K-5 campus. Today, thanks to a bond passed in 2011, Jefferson got a fresh start. The new building was completed at the start of the school year 2013-14.